Classes I Teach:
|Term 1||Term 2|
- Students are responsible for taking notes in class.
- Students are responsible for completing work from days that are missed and for rescheduling any missed tests.
- Students are responsible for bringing all required materials to class and completing all assigned homework.
- Electronic devices are used at the teacher’s discretion.
- If students are removed for inappropriate behaviour or if they leave without teacher permission, an absence will be given. Similarly, late arrivals will result in a ½ absence.
- Students are expected to use the washrooms, make phone calls, and hand in other teachers’ work on their own time – breaks and lunch.
- In-class assignments are to be handed in at the specified time.
If students have questions they are to ask for help immediately. They should not wait until the day of the test to get help. By keeping on top of things and the year will go much smoother. I am available for extra help at noon hour, if it is prearranged.
Reach for the Top
- Reach for the Top is an academic quiz competition for high school students. The intermediate division consists of students from grades 9 and 10, while the senior division consists of students from grades 11 and 12.
- Competitions are held in participating schools throughout the province from November to March.
- Practices are held during lunch hour from mid October to the end of March on Mondays and Wednesdays.
- Book club is open for students from grades 7 to 12.
- We read one book per month and meet to discuss the book during a selected noon hour.
- Books are chosen by the students and staff and include a wide selection of genre.